What will happen when I enter the U.S. | Apply for a U.S. Visa in India |

What will happen when I enter the U.S.

A visa does not guarantee entry into the United States, but allows a foreign citizen coming from abroad to travel to a U.S. port of entry and request permission to enter the United States. The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officials have authority to permit or deny admission to the United States, and determine how long a traveler may stay. At the port of entry, upon granting entry to the United States, the Customs and Border Protection officer will stamp the travel document of each arriving non-immigrant traveller.The admission stamp will show the date of admission,class of admission, and the date the traveller is admitted until.Travelers will also receive on arrival a flier alerting them to go to www.cbp.gov/I94 for their admission record information.This online record replaces the paper I-94 form. Visa Waiver Program travelers receive Form 1-94W. On this form , the officer records either a date or "D/S" (duration of status). If your I-94 record a specific date, then that is the date by which you must leave the united states. You can review information about admission on the CBP Website.The Department of State's Consular Affairs website has more information about duration of stay.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Passport/Visa Collection Locations and Timings | Apply for a U.S. Visa in India |

Document Drop-Off Locations | Apply for a U.S. Visa in India |

Bible says Day 92